Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Starting the blog...
I'm sitting in class right now. It's 8:30 p.m. and I'm trying to listen to my professor talking about "cash management." It is a pretty interesting class but it's been hard to follow along (as you can see by my blogging). Lately I've been having interviews with possible employers. Today was an interesting day. I went to an interview with a company called American Income. It is a supplemental life insurance company. It looked really interesting because it had nothing to do with cold calling or selling health insurance to individual people. You got referrals to sell to people that were part of unions, associations, etc. So, they want you to come to their house. Well, needless to say, I went through with the interviews (2) and Diana and I decided that it's a little premature to go with it. Besides, my gut didn't feel good about working "retail hours," i.e., between 3:00 and 9:00 p.m. So I decided to turn it down. I did get a phone call from a marketing firm in SLC. We'll see if I decide to go to and interview tomorrow. Right now I'm feeling the heat with the whole job search thing. I'll take Diana's advice and try to take one day at a time.