Sunday, May 4, 2008

Yard Work

This was a day Wyatt had been looking forward to for a long time! He had been saving his quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies to buy a lawn mower and weed eater. He would talk about this soon-to-come event for days. He would tell us he was going to the bank, then to Lowe's to buy his treasures. We went to Lowe's on Friday night and finally purchased the necesseties for our yard (not the funnest things to buy).
First thing Wyatt said when he woke up Saturday morning was "are we gonna mow the big lawn today?" He forgot to eat his breakfast and brush his hair, hey he had better things to do....he rushed right out the door to help Dad.

Please-don't smile or anything! I love this pic because it shows Brielle with one of her two precious blankies. As you can see, she takes them everywhere which means they can get pretty dirty. Don't worry, I rotate them. I don't let them get too dirty....very often ;)

My hardworkin' husband doing some "honey-do's." His forearms were so sore.....

Hah! I guess I was so dang proud of him I put this one in twice! (I don't know how and I don't really want to take the time to learn how to delete this....gosh, I'm lazy!)


The kids worm collection

Brielle thought those worms were pretty funny.
We all had a great time working together in the yard. I'm so so thankful that we can FINALLY hang out outside!

6 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

Isn't it funny that when you're stuck in an apartment all these years, how excited you are to actually have "yard work" we just had to make the same purchases...and you're totally right, it's kinda painful :) Love the worm collection :)

The Queen said...

I'll bet it's nice to have a yard! :)

Philip and Melissa said...

I love that your hubby used to crash into players every day at practice and be ok...but then do some yard work and have sore forearms. That happened to Philip the other day too. :-)

Shannon Allen said...

Your kids are getting too big and too cute! Great pictures and hooray for warm weather! Yard work is great too!

Tara said...

Good job putting Brett to work! I love how Wyatt was so excited to buy a lawnmower, he's going to have his own business going by age 6! By the way, where are you guys at? Email me sometime so we can catch up: coopertnc@hotmail.com

Lula. said...

Those are the best kind of days, aren't they?