We were so excited for Wyatt to have his first night of swimming lessons. The night started out great, Wyatt was so excited to go swimming in the big pool and we were excited to see how he would do. He did pretty well, they learned how to blow bubbles, kick, and swim around with the instructors. We knew the lesson would be over at 7:00 and it was getting close to that time when we noticed Wyatt running over to the hot tub. Brett went and got him and told him to go back to the pool with his teachers and class. The teacher told Brett "oh, I told him when he was done jumping into the pool, he could go into the hot tub." So, Brett and I were like, okay...so are the lessons over and were you even going to tell us to come and get our kids or send them over our way?
So, the story goes like this....Wyatt and his cousin Blakeley, along with the other kids in the class were in the hot tub and us parents were watching them from a distance. All of a sudden, Wyatt slips from the step (in the hot tub) down to the lower part. I see my little boy under water, struggling to get his head above water, all I could see was about an inch or two of his head bobbing up and down, he couldn't get his head above the water. I was in panic mode. I quickly yelled "Brett, Wyatt's drowning in the hot tub." It was the worst because I could see Wyatt from the moment he slipped down a level too deep but he was too far away from me to quickly grab him. I waited for what seemed like FOREVER for Brett to run over and pull him out. It was TERRIBLE! What makes it even worse is there were like 5 adults in the tub and several standing around and NO ONE pulled him out. What if I hadn't been watching for just a split second! It would have been too late. I was amazed that he was okay when Brett pulled him out because he was under the water for at least 9-10 seconds. That is enough time for his little lungs to fill up and drown him. So, Brett jumped in the hot tub (in his business clothes, blackberry and keys in pocket) and grabbed him and started patting his back. Wyatt looked at him, startled and said "Dad, you saved me..." How sweet is that!?
I am soooo thankful that our little boy is okay. I know that it wasn't just luck that I was looking over there when I did. I am thankful to my Father in Heaven that Wyatt is still with us, I don't know what I would do without him. I am also very thankful for Brett's quick speed ( I knew he had that gift for something ;-)) so that he was able to hurry over and save our little man. I can't help but squeeze Wyatt to death all night long. What would I do without my family? They truly are the most important things in my life.
Wyatt's hero (one scared papa!)And here are the rest of the pics...





8 comments:
I'm so glad that everything was ok. We sure miss you guys hope you love your new place.
Oh gosh, I totally fear those moments. Thank goodness for your motherly instinct!
How scary! I almost started crying when Brett saved him. I'm so glad he was okay.
Oh Di! I totally teared up at the part where Wyatt said "Dad you saved me!" I'm glad Brett is so fast too and really grateful you are such an amazing mom. You are so good at staying in tune with the spirit as you raise your kids and He made sure He was there for you too. We love Wyatt and tell that little rascal to be careful!
diana, im sick to my stomache with tears in my eyes. i'm so glad u were there. i can still remember when u would bring him into work. he was the most beautiful baby boy! i'm glad he's OK. em
How scary! I'm glad Brett is such a fast runner ;) That kind of stuff makes me nervous to start having my kids go swimming.
how scary! So glad everything is okay. What a sweet little guy he is.
Oh my word, I'm having an anxiety attack right now! I'm so teary-eyed I just want to give Wyatt a big hug! And you too- I bet it was the worst feeling ever to sit and watch!! I'm sending Brett a new work shirt for being a Super Hero:) btw: don't know why I've been removed from blogger and I don't know when my blog will be allowed back in!
Post a Comment