Wow! I can't beleive that 5 years have passed since we were married. So many things have happened in those 5 years. Brett earned his under-grad and Master's degrees while living in Provo. We then took a job in Southern California, and we absolutely LOVED where we lived but the job wasn't quite ideal for us so we decided to move once again to Southeastern Idaho. We have had 2 children, soon to be 3 and have had so much fun during all of our adventures. I wonder where 5 more years will take us.....
So, this year it was my turn to plan (which I am terrible at). It was definitely hard to top Brett's surprise last year when we ate dinner at an awesome restaurant on the beach in Malibu. But, I gave it a shot. We were limited on what we could do with me being prego. So, my mom came up to watch the kids while we went to Chili's and had some dinner. The first thing Brett said to the waitress was "do you guys have any anniversary specials?" Of course I was embarassed but we did get a free dessert which was soooo good. We ordered the White Chocolate Molten Lava Cake with Ice cream on top. Then they bring this bear with balloons and wish us a Happy Anniversary and I was like...Dang! Chili's sure does celebrate anniversaries! I looked at the card and my name was in Brett's handwriting. He is such a sweetheart and loves to surprise me. He knew where we were going for dinner and had dropped off the balloons earlier that day. He always outdoes me. Later, we went mini golfing and had a great time. And once again, Brett asked the cashier "do you have any anniversary specials?" Once again, I was embarrassed but we did get a 2 for 1 deal. Way to go babe! Brett loves to golf with me because it gives his ego a little boost. I am not the best golfer, but we had a nice time with JUST each other. I am so excited to see what our future holds. I know that as long as we are together, everything will be fine. He is my best friend and I love him so much! Also, thanks to my mom for helping us out!
9 comments:
Happy Anniversary Guys! Good job Brett, what a schmoozer you are! No but seriously good job! You guys are such a cute couple, love your posts as always! You guys better keep us posted with the baby due date updates and all. Love ya tons!
Mel
Happy Anniversary you two! 5 years! You two are the best couple! Brett, good job buddy! You have a great wife! Can't wait to see this next little Cooper baby :)
happy anniversary you beautiful couple!!!!!!
You two are so cute! I can't wait to see what the new one is going to be! How exciting!
Classic Samdinga alive and well in Brett! That's what I like to see buddy. I can't believe it's been 5 years. Wow! Seems like just yesterday.
Very smooth Brett! I'm just like you Di, Matt outdoes me on all surprises and special occassions. Glad you had a great night and we are excited to see you on Saturday!
You guys are so cute. It's amazing what you have accomplished in 5 years. We are about to hit five years, and I feel like slackers compared to you ;)!
Happy Fifth!
It sounds like you had a great time! Congratulations on the big 5! Brock and Brett are too much alike. He's always asking for "specials" as well. It might be a little embarrassing but think of all the great freebees you get!!
Happy Anniversary! We're excited to see what number 3 will bring for you guys! And Idaho, we missed that you had moved, but we're glad you are happy!
Post a Comment