Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!

Our little family of four celebrated Brett's 27th birthday on Sunday. It was weird not having any extended family celebrating with us, but we had a good time with just us. We were able to enjoy conference talks and just relax. I made him Corned Beef and Cabbage (thanks to Lauren for the idea) and later we had pie and ice cream. The kids seemed to enjoy the whole birthday experience more than Brett. It is so much fun to celebrate birthdays and holidays with the kids. Happy Birthday Bretter!

Marie Callendars famous Pecan Pie. Yes, there are 2 pieces missing....WYATT!!!

Each of the kids had to take their turn blowing out Dad's candles.





This pic of Ellie and Wyatt had Brett and I laughing forever!! Check out the cheese dripping off of Brielle's chin and what the heck kind of face is Wyatt pulling???



The Cooper Clan



This is what I made Brett for his birthday. Anyone who knows him, knows of the love he has for his mission. These are some flowers and leaves (no, they are not marijuana leaves ;-)) he collected while on his mission. He would pick them and dry them in his scriptures which is where they have been for the last 6 or 7 years. The cities around "Chile" are the areas he served in. He is a sentimental guy so this meant alot to him. This pic looks kind of funky because the flash wasn't on so the light is from our desk lamp. You get the idea.

5 comments:

Philip and Melissa said...

Gosh darn you guys, such a cute family! Brett have I told you, you are the wind beneath my wing, nay, the apple of my eye...alright just being an idiot. I hope things are going well for you. Your family is beautiful. This is from Philip by the way...

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Well the sentimental guy married the perfect girl for him! I can't believe you made that. I would never have thought to do that Martha Stewart!

Lula. said...

You are such a Martha! I'm glad to hear the corned beef turned out good...I would feel responsible if it didn't. You guys are just the most darling little family. Happy Birthday Brett!

Lance and Becky said...

What a great gift Diana! You are so thoughtful, and it's beautiful! There's nothing like a sincere gift like that, and I know you really put some thought/effort into that! Happy Birthday Brett! You are the cutest wife Di, and I haven't had the chance to tell you this, but when I talked to you about having two (when I was pregnant with Rylie) you made me feel so good, and everyday I think of your positive attitude, and love for being a mother, and it really rubs off! You're a great friend Di, I just love you guys! Your family is darling!

Lance and Becky said...

P.S. Lance and Wyatt really need to hang out and tackle each other! I'm sure he's so sick of me telling him "be soft"! He would love that!